STUDENTS' TRAVEL GRANT
Research scholars of the lnstitute would be the primary recipients of Student Travel Grants. However, students of all degree courses admitted through the Dean's office are eligible to apply for travel grant subject to satisfying the following conditions.
• A PhD student must be a full-time research scholar fully funded by the Institute
• For students of all degree programs of the institute, other than the PhD programs, the overall average score must be at least 75% till the last semester prior to the date of application.
Purpose of Travel
• Type - l: To present a paper in a conference
• Type - ll: To deliver an invited talk
• Type - lll: To attend school/tutorial/workshop/symposium
• Type - lV: To visit other institutes for reseach collaboration
For further details about the extent of support, procedure of application and general policy please refer to Guidelines of Students' Travel Grants
The application for travel support must be made to the Dean's office in the prescribed application form at least 45 days before the date of departure. All supporting documents must be enclosed with the application. Please note that incomplete applications will not be processed and candidates will not be informed individually.
A scanned copy of the application form along with the invitation letter and a recommendation letter may be sent to the Convener of the Students' Travel Grant Committee.
Members of the Students' Travel Grant Committee
• Manipushpak Mitra (Chairman), Economic Research Unit, Kolkata
• Rajat Kumar De, Machine Intelligence Unit
• Amartya Kumar Dutta, Statistics and Mathematics Unit
• Preeti Parasar, Physics and Applied Mathematics Unit
• Indranil Mukhopadhyay, Biological Anthropology Unit
• Tridib K. Datta, SQC(OR) Unit, Kolkata
• Arijit Chakraborty (Convener), Applied Statistics Unit