Research Programmes I
The Institute awards Ph D degrees for research in the fields (i) Statistics, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) Quantitative Economics, (iv) Computer Science, (v) Quality, Reliability & Operations Research (QR&OR).
Research Programmes II
The Institute also offers Junior Research Fellowships in several areas of the Natural Sciences and the Social Sciences. However, candidates working for Ph D in any area other than the five mentioned above, need to register with other Universities/Institutes for their Ph D degree.
- Statistics [Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Tezpur]
- Mathematics [Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai]
- Quantitative Economics [Kolkata, Delhi]
- Computer Science [Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai]
- Quality, Reliability & Operations Research (QROR) [Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai]
- Physics [Kolkata]
- Geology [Kolkata]
- Biological Sciences [Kolkata]
- Library & Infomation Science [Bengaluru]